Sydney is one of Australia's most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities. While in Sydney, take some time before or after the practice development conference to discover and explore some of the must-see cultural, historical and recreational sites.
Local Sydney attractions
- Sail Sydney Harbour
- Take in a show at the famous Sydney Opera House
- Climb to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Go back in time whilst exploring Sydney's past at The Rocks
- Marvel at the underwater life and sharks at Sydney Aquarium
- Relax in the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens
- Stroll around the Opera House promenade and on to the Royal Botanic Gardens
Longer trips to regional New South Wales
- Central Coast: this region begins at Broken Bay on the mouth of the Hawkesbury River and includes bays and inlets all around Gosford, The Entrance and north to Lake Macquarie and Newcastle. Secluded beaches, cliff top walks, diving, fishing and water sports and adventure experiences are available.
- Snowy Mountains: explore Australia's only true alpine habitat. In the absence of snow, the area comes alive with activities such as white-water rafting, kayaking and fishing, as well as bushwalking and horse riding.
- The Hunter Valley: Australia's oldest wine region is just two hours' drive from Sydney. Visit www.huntertourist.com.au for further information.
For further information about Sydney and NSW, visit:
Visit New South Whales: www.visitnsw.com
Sydney City Council: www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au
What's on Sydney: www.whatsonsydney.com.au